And just like that, 31 days have past. Goodbye January, Welcome February!
I remember (like it was just last week), few days before welcoming 2017 when I tried to conquer my fear of heights. Was I scared? Oh yes! I was anxious from the time I woke up, until breakfast, and all through out the ride going to the venue. It got worst when I was already talking to the guy confirming what other water sports we’d like to take. And next thing I know, I said “go!”
Was I hesitant? No. ( I wouldn’t say yes if I was to begin with. That’s simply who I am) but I sure was scared. I was laughing out my fears. And I realized after watching the video that I may have a smile on my face while setting up my gear but if you’re going to look closely, you can tell how scared I was deep inside. And then, it happened – I went parasailing! My knees weren’t shaking at all but they sure were stiff like I froze.Hahaha! The higher we go, the more scared I got. What if something happened and we fell? What if my vest got busted and I ended up drowning.. And all other “what ifs” that I can think of crossed my mind. But eventually I started to enjoy the experience – the view from up above gave me a different perspective of the place. The feeling of excitement thrilled me. This time I am laughing out of ecstacy. And then, the wind gave our parachute a quick strong shake because of that sudden turn. And so I went back to being scared. Hahaha!
But you know what, I survived! Its only 12 mins (or so), but up there felt like hours! I was glad I agreed on that ride. All I did was trust my grip and hope that everything will turn out ok. And let things happen as it is.
Life in general is like that.
1. Time flies fast if you’re busy.
2. Dont agree nor commit if you’re not 100% sure of your self. That way you wont regret anything.
3. Going outside your comfort zone can be scary but having faith in yourself, finding the beauty or good things in whatever circumstances your in, will make a big difference.
4. That sometimes we need to be at a different level (status) to have a different perspective of things.
5.that its really all about faith! Trust your self that you can. .. And soon you will.
6. And that there is always Someone out there watching over us. 😊
My mantra: Have Faith, Not Fear!